Monday, April 25, 2011

We're a Couple of Swells...


This is a little late, but better late than ever...besides a musical is nice on any day of the year!

Hope everyone had a good Easter! To be honest, Easter isn't a big thing for me or my family - we are not religious and I am on Weight Watchers so I DEFINITELY didn't want any candy (well, I WANTED candy, I'm just not allowing myself to have it, that's all). Also, I've been super busy and stressed at work getting ready for a large Conference happening this week, so I just wasn't up for anything major. I really wanted to get away and have a change of scene, so when my boyfriend suggested we take a road trip to PEI, I was on board 100%! It was a lot of fun. We have a lot of fun together, and I'm very grateful to have someone in my life that makes me laugh so much and feel so good (as the risk of sounding cheesy). He pointed out to me that Friday was the 6-month anniversary of our first date! How cute is that?! And how bad of a gf am I for not even remembering? lol.

Anyway, one thing I do love about Easter is this movie. It's one of my favourites ever, and if you haven't seen it, you really need to watch it now. I love these old musicals - they are just so upbeat and fun. They just don't make movies like that anymore, as cliched as it sounds. I challenge you to watch one and NOT be in a good mood when it's over. Plus, the clothes are BEAUTIFUL. I sometimes wish people still got dressed up and paraded around - you know, spent TIME on their appearance! (I'm looking at you boys wearing jeans hanging down to your knees).

This is one Easter tradition that I always try to stick with...

Observe the awesomeness (a sample of a few of my fav scenes):

(#1 FAV! "Plum crazy for drums...")




4 comments:

Melissa Mijares said...

I LOVE Easter Parade! My parents actually *are* religious, but we don't really do the whole Easter basket/egg hunt thing, so Easter's pretty low-key for us too. So my sister and I started our own tradition where we watch Easter Parade and we pretend we're as fabulous as Judy Garland.

Weeee wouuuld drive up the avenue, but we haven't got the price...

::whistles song to self for the rest of the night::

Kim Humes said...

haha totally samesies! This movie just never gets old - none of those old musicals do. They are timeless and always put me in a good mood. Good to know I'm not the only one who whistles/hums to myself on a regular basis lol

Jas said...

A couple of swells? I KNEW I liked you. Knew it.

Kim Humes said...

Isn't it awesome? I mean all the scenes are awesome but that one in particular cracks me up. I like you too (esp if you like this movie lol)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading!