*This is being posted late bc I was interrupted mid-write yesterday. Just pretend it's Tuesday*
This is my second try at Gala Darling's Curious Tuesday. I think these "meme" things are way overdone (I don't want to be one of those bloggers who revolves all of her blog content around them either) but her questions are always lots of fun and get you thinking about past fun memories and such. I tend to be always looking ahead and focusing on moving forward, so it's nice to look behind me sometimes and remember not just the bad stuff, but the goofy things!
1. Who is your #1 crush? I'm so embarassed to say this, but I've had a crush on Kevin Spacey for years. I just love his voice and he's not conventionally sexy, but there's something oddly sexy about him at the same time. I remember when I was like 16, he came to Halifax (my city - Nova Scotia) to film "The Shipping News" and the papers would report where he went everyday. I seriously went to some of those places later just because he had been there and I got this wierd sense of excitement from it. Don't judge me! At least I didn't stalk him while he was here! Though that would have been really fun...too bad I was such a wimp. I harbour this secret hope that I'll meet him someday (dear god, I'm a loser lol). Aside from this craziness, I am quite in love with Nutty (my kitty-witty).
2. Have you ever tried online dating? How did it go? Any tips? Oh lord, I could write a book on this (a really bitter one), so let's just keep it short - yes, I've tried it (on and off for a few years in fact), it hasn't gone that great (never had much of a relationship materialize from it), and my main tip is to have no expectations. It's easy to have a great deal of expectation placed on meeting someone, but if you do that you're just setting yourself up. I'm really not a fan of online dating anymore and personally don't understand how people find actual normal relationship on there, so I'll just leave it at that!
3. Are you sentimental? Do you keep the things other people give you? I definitely keep things, I'm a huge packrat, but I wouldn't say I'm particularly sentimental. I find I'm either really sentimental about an item or I'm not at all and won't think twice about getting rid of it. There's really no gray area there. This is a tough question to answer though because I'm not really sure what the answer is! lol. I guess the answer is it depends on the item, where and who it came from. In general though, I have lots of stuff and tend to keep things.
4. As a child, what were your primary interests? I was a quiet kid and when not outside playing with my friends (yes, kids used to play outside back then and GASP we didn't have computers and ipods and cell phones so we had to make our own amusement - making up games, playing dress-up, building forts with the entire contents of my mom's linen closet, hide-and-seek, etc. Wow, we had fun) I was usually in my basement creating something - I was always either drawing or painting or making some kind of craft. As I got older I moved into making fashion drawings and more graphic designs. I had a wild imagination and sometimes I miss that - I still have a bit of that creativity but the spark is gone and that makes me sad. It's on my LIST to try and bring that spark back into my life.
5. What are your top 3 guilty pleasures? Coffee (must have one in the morning or I'm like a zombie!), chocolate and sweets in general (I can't resist anything sweet, it's my downfall), and shopping (I don't shop as much as I used to but I find I either buy nothing or a whole load of stuff - again, no middle ground - but my main shopping vice is clothes; well, clothes and purses and shoes. This is what I spend most of my money on, aside from rent of course!)
Now you try!