When it comes right down to it, I love Fall. And maybe the more love I give to Fall, the longer it will stick around this year...maybe?? (pssh fat chance)
Oh well. I'm still going to show my love to Fall anyway with the following list:
10 Reasons Why I'm Glad It's Fall
1. Pumpkins (I could list 10 things just for this one (e.g. pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkins muffins, pumpkin soup, pumpkin tea, pumpkin pasta, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin!!)
2. Being able to wear enough layers to be comfy - sweaters, tights, boots, scarves - but not so many that you are sweating and stuffy
3. The Colours - I love the look of the trees when the leaves change to vibrant oranges, reds and yellows. My street is lined on either side with huge, old trees covered in leaves, so it's especially scenic this time of year
4. The slightly chilled, crispy scent and feeling in the air
5. Starting new routines, or getting back into old ones (some I'm attempting to develop are walking to work regularly, going to a class at my gym twice a week, writing/submitting an article every Sunday, trying a new recipe once a month, etc)
6. School/Office supplies!! (see: 'You've Got Mail', 'bouquets of sharpened pencils'
7. Trips to the Annapolis Valley to pick apples and see the Pumpkin people (this weekend, baby!)
8. Thanksgiving! A good excuse to stuff myself silly with high calorie/carb-laden comfort foods (not sure what my excuse is the other 364 days a year). Plus, it's a 3 day weekend, which is always awesome.
9. Halloween - my favourite holiday next to Christmas (which indicates how sacreligious I am). What's not to like about dressing up like a freak and stuffing yourself with mini-chocolate bars?!
10. As of Thanksgiving (Oct 11th - that would be CANADIAN Thanksgiving, people) it will only be 2 months until my birthday!! Yay!! Wait...I'll be 26...ugh, not so "yay".
What are you looking forward to this Fall?
This post was brought to you by Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. And the Letter "F". For Fall. (and the fact that I'm a dork). Thank you.