Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop #3: 30 Things I Vow To Do This Summer

Mama's Losin' ItAnother outing of the Writer's Workshop! I love these prompts but just haven't had the time to get to any the past little while. This one caught my eye as, funnily enough, I started to make a list of things I want to do this summer the other day! I just hate how the summer goes by so quickly and I never seem to get out to all the great events and happenings that go on, and that makes me really disappointed, so I thought writing them down might make them more likely to come true. Considering I'm List Queen lately (see my 30 B4 30), I should be able to draft this one in a snap!

So, without further ado, here is my list of...(drumroll please)
30 THINGS I VOW TO DO THIS SUMMER
1. Attend one local event each weekend
2. Go camping at least once
3. Eat or have drinks on a patio whenever possible
4. Sign up for a fitness class (perhaps Zumba or kickboxing?) or take a different one each week
5. Take an art class to activate my creativity
6. Take at least one road trip
7. Go Tidal Bore rafting
8. Go whale watching
9. Visit the Art Gallery
10. Go for a walk and/or workout 3x per week
11. Visit the Museum of Natural History (alot of these items are related to "playing tourist" in my own city because it's something I don't feel I do enough. But I don't want to group them into one point because I need to expand this list to 30! So bear with me; however, it IS my list so basically you can deal with it)
12. Hike Duncan's Cove
13. Try Thai food
14. Take some yoga classes
15. Try the Peanut Butter burger at Darrell's
16. Visit the Farmer's Market at least once per month
17. Go berry-picking
18. Go to the beach...ALOT
19. De-clutter my apartment (and actually stick to some sort of cleaning schedule)
20. Write in my journal at least once per week
21. Schedule a weekly Skype call with my bff in Alberta
22. Have a yard sale and/or bbq
23. Go see a movie every Tuesday/every 2nd Tues (only $5.99!)
24. Watch every episode of True Blood (it starts this weekend - ah!!)
25. Complete some kind of creative project each week (a painting, craft, etc)
26. Practice piano (wow, I'm slacking in this dept)
27. Visit the Cabot Trail
28. Start sending writing submissions into publications (ideas: apply for 3rd season of Stratejoy, Saltscapes or suite101.com)
29. Take a writing course online
30. Just enjoy it!

Cheers to Summer!

*update from the start of this post - ok, I was NOT able to come up with 30 things in a snap as I predicted. Actually it was quite hard, and I don't anticipate sticking to half of these (the summer is only so long), but there are a few I certainly plan to execute! It was a fun exercise to get the brain moving, if nothing else. So, I guess I'm not so much "vowing" to do these things, as "hoping and trying" to do at least some. Close enough, right?*

5 comments:

Tina L. Hook said...

I love your number #30, though your entire list sounds good to me. Berry picking would be lots of fun.

Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

Anonymous said...

#10, 18 & 19 are on my list too!
And, I think that your completely on the right track with the whole 'tourist in own city' thing.. I should do that too! Might have to expand my list.

- clicked through from Mama Kat's.

Unknown said...

Stopping by from Mama Kat's. Looks like a lot of us chose "the list" and I need to add that do the touris thing to mine too. I live in a major metro area and never do the touristy stuff unless we have company. I need to just do it!

Raine said...

Wow that seems like an ambitious list! Good luck!

Peggy said...

Stopping by from Mama Kat's. Looks like a lot of us chose "the list" and I need to add that do the touris thing to mine too. I live in a major metro area and never do the touristy stuff unless we have company. I need to just do it!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading!