Yet another outing of Gala Darling's Curious Tuesday series. Wasn't planning on posting today, but thought the questions were so interesting I had to explore them!
1. If it was your birthday tomorrow, what would be on your wishlist? I would really love a vespa...they are just so darn cute! (Though I don't actually have my license or the money to pay for gas and insurance, a girl can dream right?). A puppy (though this is also not realistic - not enough time or money to care for one; will have to settle for cute YouTube vids of other people's dogs for now). A new pair of glasses (mine are great, but I'd love to have a second pair in case something happens to these - really if that happens, I couldn't move from the couch. I'm that blind. For reals). A tent (I've had camping on the brain lately but realized I have next to no gear). Symphony Nova Scotia season tickets.
2. Do you look after your nails? Do you paint them? If so, do you have a colour that you keep returning to again & again? I HAVE to wear nail polish or my nails break and peel. Also, I bite them to death, stupid me! It's funny, when I was younger I used to bite them right down and they'd be sore all the time, then one day I just stopped..until 2 or 3 years ago and I started doing it again. I know there must be something psychological to that but don't have the brain energy to figure that one out. Right now I switch between a pale pink nail colour and a dark purple (depends on my mood-can't remember the brands, though Sally Hansen is a fav of mine). Generally I'm not a fan of big, fancy, loud nails.
3. What star sign are you, & do you think it is accurate? I'm a Sagittarius (bday: Dec 11th) and I SO fit the description for them it's scary. I'm actually really into astrology and have some books on it at home. I like to visit psychics and read my horoscope and stuff. I was born pretty much in the middle of the date range for my sign, and it seems in those cases your personality fits more closely to your horoscope (though I could just be full of malarky here, it's happened before). Here's a choice reading: Inquisitive and energetic, the Sagittarius is the traveler of the Zodiac. Their philosophical, broad-minded approach to life motivates them to wander far and wide in the search for the meaning of life. Extroverted, optimistic, and enthusiastic, it can be almost impossible to keep the Sagittarius down. They love change. In fact, change is essential for this sign to feel their best. (yup, pretty much me in a nutshell!)
4. What is something you have recently learned to appreciate? Being patient - this is something I'm working on lately as a kind of life philosophy. I realized that I tend to rush and try to make things happen (now!) and it's not good for my mental or physical health. Not to mention that if you push things (in my experience) they tend to move the other way. Life happens as it happens and not how you plan it. So, I've just been focusing on enjoying the present, looking days and weeks ahead instead of months and years, and learning to move and think more slowly. It's going well so far. I've also learned to appreciate my own company - living alone and being single, though I complain about it at times, is great for me right now. I also appreciate my friends more and more because I've had many of them move away in the past year or two and have realized good ones are hard to find! (but I firmly believe when it comes to friends it's about quality and NOT quantity).
5. What is your favourite city in the world, & why? London England is awesome - I've been lucky enough to visit 3 separate times, once for about a month 3 years ago, and I've liked it more and more each time. There's just so much energy, so much history and always lots going on. British culture is similar to Canadian too, so it feels familiar, and it's slightly quirky and makes me laugh. I would love to live there longer than a month someday.
What are YOU curious about this Tuesday??