Tuesday, March 9, 2010
However, there are at least small glimpses of spring and that makes me feel good. One thing that really blew my mind was when my alarm went off at 6:30 this morning and I turned over and could see the sun coming up through the window! After months of getting up, showering and often leaving for work in the pitch darkness (and therefore feeling as though I was getting up in the middle of the night), the days are finally lengthening! The time change this weekend will, I'm sure, amplify this effect even more and make spring seem even closer.
I think I can speak for the entire northern hemisphere when I say I'm SO sick and tired of piling on three layers before leaving in the morning to catch the bus, dry eyes and dry/windblown hair, frozen-to-numbness fingers and toes, and a white road-salt film all over everything. I need sun and fresh air and flowers and green. So, now that I'm seeing these things starting to pop up, I'm very much looking forward to springy and summery things. Here's just a few of the things I'm looking forward to:
* Dressing in green and partying it up Irish style for St Patrick's Day
* An Easter weekend (5 days off!) road trip to New Brunswick
* Leaves budding on the trees lining my street
* The smell of freshly cut grass
* Trenchcoats, umbrellas, wellies, and swingy, flowered skirts
* Nicole's bday/bridal shower/bachelorette and wedding!
* Walks on the beach
* Fresh air
* Laundry hanging out on the line
* Bonfires and camping
* The cottage in PEI
* Iced coffee
There. Those should tide me over for a few months until the really warm, sunny weather gets here. Or at least for a few hours.