Monday, August 16, 2010

Kick Off My Sunday Shoes

Yes, I'm still alive. I've been in a wonderful little land called "vacation" for the past 10 days or so, hence the lack of posting. I went on my annual cottage trip to PEI with my mom and sister, with a few extra days off before and after. I had a really stressful week leading up to going away so I wanted to make it a point to abstain from a lot of computering while away and focus on enjoying the sunshine, beach, food and reading.

So, not much more to say about that except that it was good! And I'm back to real life and to the regular grind!

The bad news is that I'm behind on things I've been meaning to post! Before I left for vacation, I did an interview for the new blog for Mephisto shoes. A lovely lady contacted me a few weeks ago, after I posted here about shoes, saying that she liked my blog and wondered if I'd mind being featured. You can read the interview here.

I say this every time, but I'm so blown away when I get messages like that and I hear that people actually read this little blog and enjoy it! It feels so great! And not just anyone but someone from a well-established company who wants to get my insights?! Seriously?! It's very humbling, especially since most of the time I feel like I just ramble on about very trivial, opinionated things in these posts of mine and probably don't even make sense. Actually when I re-read my answers to the interview questions, I cringed at my long-windedness in some responses! However, that's me, and as I say in one of my answers, the great thing about blogging is you have the freedom to be yourself, and to write however and about whatever you want. As long as it makes sense to you, that's the important thing (occasional cringe-worthy editing aside).

This is going to be a regular feature on Mephisto's new blog - interviews with bloggers that they enjoy - so I'll certainly be giving my contact there the names of a few blogs that I think are pretty great. What good is love if you can't spread it around a little?

I had a lot of fun perusing the shoes on GoMephisto.com (um, who wouldn't?!) and have several favourite pairs. At the time of my interview, I picked the Cataron style as my favourite, but I'm also a fan of Algie, Catiena, Abbie, and Bella (on another note, I don't know who comes up with the names of these styles, but I love them). These shoes really marry style to function and comfort, which I love. I'm always on the go, so it's important that my feet feel good!

Thanks so much to Pat at the blog for contacting me (and liking the blog!), and thanks to everyone who reads my stuff. It really means a lot. Even though this blog is ultimately for me and about me, I still love being able to connect with others through my words and pictures.

Keep up the great work, Blogsphere! xo Stay tuned for my post for the #bigdaydowntown project, that I'm completing this weekend (wherein I take downtown Halifax by storm), and an upcoming travelogue I'm entering in a contest over at Trazzler, plus some other fun goodies I haven't come up with yet but am sure I will soon, not to mention the continued saga of "the job search". It's good to be back.

2 comments:

AubreyRose @ My Simple Everyday said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation! I can't wait to take one :)

Also, congrats on the interview! I'm gonna hop on over to read it now! That's awesome!

Unknown said...

Thanks! Appreciate you reading :) Hope you have a good vacation when you get to go!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading!