In many ways this year was very tough - career frustrations and the loss of someone close to me gave me a lot of stress. However, many good things happened this year too, and when it comes right down to it, I think it's best to focus on the positive. So, I thought it would be great to make a list of the 'best of' moments from my year. I hope you all have a few fun and fabulous things to put on your own list!1. First skate on the Canada Games Oval
2. Visiting Sue the T-Rex
1. 1st Geocaching event (Fortress Louisbourg)
2. 1st Oscar Party (rosewater whoopie pies!)
3. Free Joel Plaskett concert in Grand Parade, thanks to the Canada Games
4. Brazilian Carnival
5. New job (event planning!)
1. Girl's weekend at White Point Beach Lodge (bunnies, board games and beach)
1. Learning how to salsa at Club Caliente
2. Easter weekend trip to PEI with the boy (also our 6-month anniversary!)
3. 1st Yelp! Halifax Elite party at the Atlantica (reconnecting with old acquaintences)
1. Making my 1st quiche (Mother's Day!)
1. 1st Geocaching challenge (Nova Scotia Provincial Parks)
2. Discovering Deadman's Island
4. Tom Selleck siting in downtown Halifax
1. TeamBuy Halifax 'Choose Your Own Adventure' blog challenge
2. Free Jazzfest tickets and discovering Harry Manx and Sisters Euclid
3. Softball tournament fun with the boy's colleagues
4. Riding a bike for the first time in...a LONG time (Bike and Bean!)
5. Wedding of a University friend
6. New cat!
1. Wedding of my childhood best friend
2. Halifax Beerfest!
3. Exploring McNab's Island
4. Hike at York Redoubt (1st visit!)
1. Long-weekend trip to Cape Breton - Whycocomagh, Highlands National Park, Meat Cove
2. Elton John concert in PEI!
3. 1st visit to Oaklawn Farm Zoo
1. Road trip to New England (Maine, New Hampshire, Salem, Boston)
2. Me and the boy's 1 year anniversary
3. Visit to Luckett's Vineyards
4. New job!
1. Meeting Nicholas Brendon at Hal-Con Sci-Fi convention
1. Visit from my brother and his husband (all the way from New Zealand!)
2. Who knows?! There's still 1.5 days left in the month :)
January 2012 onward...
I guess we'll see :)