Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Curious Tuesday: What am I NOT excited about?!

I don't normally post this often (off-schedule!! egads!!), but I thought it would be a fun diversion to take part in Gala Darling's Curious Tuesday this week. The questions are really fun, get you thinking and teach you little, wierd factoids about fellow members of the blogosphere. (By the way, don't you love the picture?! I googled "curious" and this is the first one that came up! Loved Curious George when I was younger...you'd think that stuff would go out of style over the years, but the books are still everywhere, and I even saw a Curious George STORE in Boston!).

Anyway, onto the important stuff...

Curious Tuesday 002
1. What are you most excited for RIGHT NOW? Dinner tonight at an italian restaurant, going out for dinner/dancing for my best friend's bday on Friday night (it's been SOOOO long since I've been out dancing!!), getting a new cell phone (whenever I get around to it), Mother's Day this weekend (and yet another dinner out, mmm), my best friend's wedding and bachelorette party...
Wow, I'm excited about a lot of stuff right now!

2. Who is your style icon? What inspires your look? Wow this is a toughie. I think I'm like anyone in that I'm inspired by many things. I'm actually really inspired by all of the style bloggers I follow - Selective Potential, Idee Geniale, Second Skin, Delightfully Tacky, Young, Fat & Fabulous, etc etc. They all are into unique, quirky, fun but also comfortable pieces that aren't expensive and so I love seeing how they put things together. I actually never thrift shop, but these girls find such interesting finds, I'm thinking about taking it up. The blog world is so great too in that you can see REAL regular girls looking stylish and beautiful, in every shape and size, and in an every day, natural way, not in the airbrushed-to-hell, head-to-toe designer kinda way that magazines present. However, I am inspired by magazines in terms of styling as well, particularly ones like Lucky and Worn that have a more artistic, personal approach to style. I wish I could mix and match and layer with panache to look like every girl in the pages of Lucky!

3. If you could have dinner with anyone, alive or dead, who would you invite? Beethoven, Van Gogh, Frida Kahlo, Coco Chanel, Jimi Hendrix, any of the bloggers mentioned above, Roger Ebert, Zooey Deschanel (I think we would be great friends, if only we could meet in person!), Robin Williams, Jane Goodall...I could go on and on...


4. What did you dress up as for your first Halloween? Can't remember my first costume but I think I was a cat. Cats are still my favourite thing ever. I've had some awesome costumes because my mom used to make them all for us! Mermaid and Cruella DeVil are two that stand out in my mind.


5. What are you improving? My health - I'm onto week 3 of dieting and I've lost 3 lbs so far. I'm 110% committed to losing weight and feeling better about myself. I've neglected this area of my life for too long and I'm tired of feeling fat and self-conscious. It's still early but I'm feeling good, I know I can stick with this. I'm trying to work on being more patient - with life, with myself, with others, letting things happen more on their own, not rushing; I'm also trying to work on being more appreciative of others, taking things less seriously and personally, and generally being more confident - if I have something to say just speak up and say it! This is tough, but something I'm always trying to work on.


What about you? Are you as curious this Tuesday as I am?.....

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh man, I'd have dinner with Zooey Deschanel too. I have a major girl crush on her. Ma. Jor.

Also, there's an award waiting for you on my latest blog post :) Check it on out:

http://tastingtouchinghearingseeing.blogspot.com/2010/05/all-shall-love-me-and-despaaaiiir.html

Boomka said...

You lost 3 pounds? Good for you thats kick ass! I think this week the only thing I've lost is my iPod... well and my keys... and a pair of sneakers. Either way I'm glad you are committed to your life. That is awesome. go you. You, in fact, rock.

Melissa said...

Oh man, I'd have dinner with Zooey Deschanel too. I have a major girl crush on her. Ma. Jor.

Also, there's an award waiting for you on my latest blog post :) Check it on out:

http://tastingtouchinghearingseeing.blogspot.com/2010/05/all-shall-love-me-and-despaaaiiir.html

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading!